May 11, 2009

2 Weeks Later and Doing GREAT

My surgery was 2 weeks ago and I am starting to feel a lot better. Since I can only eat about 1 oz at a time I have to change my eating habits drastically. I have to make sure that I take 20 minutes to eat 1 to 1 1/2 oz of food. First I have to eat protein then followed by vegetables or fruit. I also have to chew each little bite about 30 times. I'm not allowed to drink during my meals and I have to wait an hour afterwards before I can even take a sip of something liquid. When I drink I need to take tiny sips. Even though I'm eating such small amounts of food it really does fill me up. If I eat or drink just a little to much I am sick for hours. So I have to be very careful because the feeling is not "Oh I ate to much, I'll be careful next time" its "wow I'm so sick I cant stand it, I feel like my heart is beating out of my chest". But all this pain will pass once I learn how to eat carefully. Me getting sick is just my body telling me I put to much in my stomach.

If you are considering having weight loss surgery you have to be ready to make a life change. This surgery is not a "quick fix". This is NOT the easy way out. Not only do you have to change everything you are used to eating, you have to change your exercise routine as well. You have to exercise or your not going to achieve the weight loss you want to see. This is the hardest thing I have ever done and I am thankful for it. I am still healing so I'm in the "what was I thinking" stage. But I know in about 2 more weeks I am going to feel back to normal and then I will really be able to see all the good this surgery is doing. So far I have lost an additional 20 pounds and I am now down to 242. The last time I was 242 I was 16 years old and I lied on my licence and said I was 235. I am very excited that I am only 7 pounds away from the weight on my licence and it actually being the truth. I know that for me this was the right chose. I could not have gotten down 40 pounds on my own and I am so happy to see my progress. I just cant wait to see what the next months will bring and to see how my body will change.

Note: The picture above was taken the morning of my surgery. I will be taking my next picture on May 28th. Keep an eye out for it.

Markus recorded this 20 minutes before I went into surgery.



Of course this is me after I have come to my room shortly after surgery.

PS

I just want to say 'Thank You' to all the people that prayed for me and came to see me. Thank you for your letters and your phone calls. Thank you so much Mama "Peggy" Berg, both my parents, Catrina, Katie and members of IPC for coming to visit me.

2 comments:

  1. I am soo happy for you~! keep up the great work! You are still in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete